Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Beginnings

So, I've had some time off due to my back problems, etc. While allowing the back to heal, and dealing with the docs, insurance company and work, yeah I've been idle, watching entirely too much TV, but I have also been thinking about my future. Do I really want to stay in my present situation? That's a loaded question. Do I even stay in trucking? While looking at other opportunities (which I constantly do, btw) I've been really fascinated by text message marketing. This is a brand new arena, especially for small, local, brick-and-mortar type businesses.
Some of the statistics are mind boggling: 80% of America's population carries a cell phone, most of which now are "smartphones." Four out of five teenagers say their mobile phones are the "key" to their social lives. An astounding 97% of text messages are opened, and most are opened immediately, as opposed to emails, which may never be opened at all.
This creates a HUGE opportunity for small businesses, especially those who cater to younger "text-friendly" customers. That may be a misconception, however, since more and more folks are becoming text savvy. With YepText, businesses can reach out to, and stay in touch with these people, either by hiring a "Mobile Helper," (such as myself) or doing it themselves. It's really not difficult at all.
For more info., feel free to DM, Facebook me, or go to: http://bit.ly/dZTAjJ

More soon,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment